20 February 13.
As I make up artist I take for granted that sometimes its actually the simple stuff people want to know when it comes to makeup. Since starting my makeup career 10 years ago I've been through so many makeup phases. However the older I've got the more natural I like my makeup as I feel like too much ages me! On Sunday I photographed my version of a 'no makeup' makeup and thought I'd talk you through the look....
- First I rubbed a drop of Illamasqua illumine oil into my skin to brighten me up. I would also recommend strobe liquid by Mac or L'oreal Lumi Magique primer as a budget option.
- Then I've applied 1 pump of Lancome Color Ideal foundation in shade 03 all over my face using my hands. L'oreal true match is my preferred choice if I'm on a budget.
- I've used a small amount of YSL touche eclat under the eyes to lighten my dark circles.
- I've then applied a touch of Dolce & Gabanna bronzer ( Kim K's fave) accross my cheeks
- Followed by a dab of Illamasqua cream pigment Androgen, on each cheek to add a very natural flush of colour.
- I've used 3 coats of my favourite Lancome Hypnose mascara- so good because it contains a soft wax that doesn't dry hard so you can keep re-applying and it doesn't crumble.
- I've groomed through my Brows using a Illamasqua eyebrow cake in Thunder.
- Finally the look was finished using a Lancome Juicy Tube in 'Fraise' on my lips. It adds a tint of colour and lots of shine keeping the makeup looking pretty and natural.
Even the biggest makeup addicts need 'no makeup' makeup days to let their skin breath. I also think that if you were a lot of makeup all the time then you never feel that special/different on a night out!
This week me, Little Kate and Pol are going to be trailing some eyeshadow primers so keep checking the blog to read the results.
Big Peach x